The Gender-Neutral Trend
According to a September 3, 2015 report in The San Francisco Chronicle, the boys' bathrooms and girls' bathrooms will become just bathrooms at the Miraloma Elementary School in San Francisco, California as they go gender-neutral. “There’s no need to make them gender-specific anymore… We changed the signs, we changed the way we teach our students that we don’t have boys and girls restrooms, we have restrooms,” said the principal, Sam Bass. One mom is reported as happy that her son – who identifies as a boy, but likes to wear dresses and long hair – can use whichever bathroom he feels like. This decision follows a trend that is accelerating in our nation.
1) Male and Female. In light of this ridiculousness, a good question is, “Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female…?” (Mt. 19:4-5). The origination book affirms, “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them” (Gen. 1:27). Again it is recorded, “Male and female created he them…” (Gen. 5:2). If you’re not sure which you are, you might check your birth certificate.
2) Mankind and Womankind. Leviticus 18:22 teaches, “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.” Today we are told that if you are mankind you can change to womankind, and if you are womankind you can identify as mankind. Craziness, isn’t it?
3) Man and Woman. The creation account reveals, “And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man” (Gen. 2:22-23). Paul wrote the Corinthians, “…It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband” (1 Cor. 7:1-2).
4) Husbands and Wives. The Ephesian letter instructs, “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife….Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands….Husbands, love your wives…and the wife see that she reverence her husband” (Eph. 5:22-33).
5) Father and Mother. Did you know that the terms “dad” and “mom” or “father” and “mother” are now considered offensive to some in our society? The Book of God says, “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh” (Gen. 2:24). Paul wrote the Ephesians, “Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother…” (Eph. 6:1-2).
6) Sons and Daughters. The generations of Adam finds “sons and daughters” being begotten (Gen. 5:4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 26, 30). When you were born, were you a son or a daughter?
7) Boys and Girls. Zechariah 8:5 says, “And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.” When a child is born, the first words are often: “It’s a boy!” or “It’s a girl!” Right? Some school systems no longer refer to students as “boys” and “girls”. Teachers are told, “Don’t use phrases such as ‘boys and girls,’ ‘you guys,’ ‘ladies and gentlemen,’ and similarly gendered expressions to get kids’ attention.” Instead of “boys” and “girls”, call them purple penguins! Divide them by whether they prefer skateboards or bikes, or whether they like milk or juice. So, are we going to have the milk room and the juice room, instead of the boys’ room and the girls’ room?
8) He and She. ‘He” and “she” occurs in 160 Bible verses. Here’s a sampling: “And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also to her husband with her, and he did eat” (Gen. 3:6). You ought to be able to tell a she from a he and a he from a she! The law commanded, “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God” (Deut. 22:5). The Corinthians were asked, “Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her…” (1 Cor. 11:14-15). Speaking of nature-teaching, did you observe what Noah took with him into the ark? “…two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female” (Gen. 6:19). Ever see a trans dog or cat?